I'm very, very excited to be moving into my new place in just 2 weeks! I'm even more excited to decorate because I'll be living alone which means I have the executive decision and creative freedom to put whatever I want in the space. Now, of course it will most likely mimic my clothing shopping style by being on a budget, but I'm up for the challenge. I'm also up for the challenge of decorating a really, really small space. Here's what I'm currently crushing on:
Pics via Pinterest (I'm obsessed), Stag pic by me, Pillows: West Elm
Here are some of the major things that I want to include:
1. Clean, crisp bright white with touches of texture and high gloss. The apartment gets great light and was just renovated with a lot of bright white fixtures
2. An eye-catching headboard
3. Lucite desk and chair to maximize visual space
4. A chic wardrobe to act as more closet space. Pretty armoires make me giddy.
5. Pops of yellow
6. A chic silver stag head- The one in the picture is from Martine Chaisson's apartment (her gallery below her apartment is where we did our panel in New Orleans!) I fell in love with this and it actually is now featured in Lonny this month!! Be sure to check out my friend Raina's apartment featured there as well. She found a vintage 1940's headboard at the Paris flea market and I almost passed out when I first laid eyes on it. A lot of my design inspiration came from my trip to New Orleans and getting the chance to see both of their gorgeous homes.
7. Pintuck bedding in white. This for the reason that when my bed isn't made, which will be always, it will look messy chic like a big fluffy cloud.
I'll be sure to post fun pics along the way.. I think it will be an interesting thing for me to tackle and so far I'm really loving the design process!