Photo via FabsugarHat: Club Monaco, Jacket: Sine, Blouse: Cynthia Steffe, Pants: Jessica Stam x Rachel Roy, Shoes: DSW
Ok I have to say that working with Ecco Domani and the other Style Squad girls was definitely one of the highlights of my fashion week. Usually when I go to shows, I go partly for pleasure and partly to keep up with the trends for future projects but this time I had a specific assignment and man it was a good assignment! Part of the assignment was getting interviewed by Robert Verdi on "owning our style" and we even had to do a runway walk. Actually, you can vote for my walk to win on their facebook page!!
I took a look back at the past EDFF winners and they all have gone on to leave a major mark on the industry. You could feel that energy and anticipation when you walked through the crowds and watched everyone look on with an eager eye.
Having a featured wine at every show added a touch of class and made the presentation feel like an outing where you could mingle with showgoers and not just fly in and fly out.
What I learned about owning your own style from the EDFF crew:
- Always rock a chic pair of sunnies on your head at all times (Robert)
- Men shop for quality, women for quantity. Let's start taking a page from the boys shall we? (Native Son)
- Green is the next bubble so if you don't hop on board now you will miss the solar powered boat (Study NY)
- Believe in your individuality and artistic expression, bottle it up, and wear it around your neck (Pamela Love)
- Nothing will ever be the new black so wear it and experiment with texture (Mandy Coon)
- Let your underwear be part of your outerwear by letting it peek out ever so subtly (Lake & Stars)
- Wear white Converse with your chunky knits (M. Patmos)
- Elegance will never go out of style (Bibhu)
(Bibhu Mohapatra = Total Gorgeousness)
(Style Squad girls with Tara St James)
To learn more about the foundation or the wine head to their super sleek website